Thursday 24 June 2021

MY 2020/21 SEASON - STATS & AWARDS

2020/21 STATS

Games: 69 (lowest since 09/10)
Home Goals: 157
Away Goals: 133
Total Goals: 290 (lowest since 11/12)
Goals per game: 4.2
Most Goals: Twyford & Ruscombe 5-7 Richings Park Reserves 
Wycombe games: 2 (lowest ever)
Non-Wycombe games: 67
New Grounds: 54

WITH

Anwar: 31 (plus 3 others by train/walking)
Drove on my own: 23
Colin: 9 (plus 2 others)
George: 4
Thomas: 3
Giles: 3
Public Transport: 3
Walked: 2
Paul: 1
Chris: 1
Got lift: 1

EXPENSES

TICKETS: £212
Most Expensive: Potters Bar Town v Concord Rangers (£12)
Cheapest: 33 games (£0)

PETROL/SERVICING/TRAIN: £705
Most Expensive: Newhaven v Corinthian (£32)
Cheapest: Prestwood, Reading City & Wycombe (£0)
Miles driven: 8109

EXTRAS: £142
This figure includes programmes and some food and drink
If it's 'real cider' or a new 'tick' I don't count it towards football costs
The same applies to when I have something special food-wise

TOTAL: £1058
Average £15.33 per game
Cheapest on both counts since I've been keeping records (2011 onwards)

ATTENDANCES

Total: 8940
Average: 130
Highest: Wycombe Wanderers v Coventry City (1999)
Lowest: Prestwood v Watlington Town (8)

RETWEETS RECEIVED FOR BLOG

YES: 29
NO: 33
N/A: 7

2020/21 AWARDS

BEST GAME: BUCKINGHAM UNITED 3-4 MURSLEY UNITED
The game was a bit of a dead rubber as far as the Spartan South Midlands post-season competition was concerned. Both teams had all been eliminated but it didn't stop them serving up a topsy-turvy game with some great goals. The club officials being friendly helped, as did being in good company.


BEST NEW GROUND: HARROW HILL
This had been a long term aim for me to visit and I was delighted to be able to tick it off at long last. A really unique venue set in a semi grass bowl. This means that you can get a great view from up high on the bank or use the small area of cover if it is raining.


BEST PUB: THE DEAD PIGEON, ROCHESTER
What with restrictions and the lack of games via public transport, pubs were few and far between. This one came on my first public transport game of the year after restrictions were eased. A decent selection of drinks and excellent but pricey food was the order of the day, but it was nice to treat myself after so long.


BEST TAKEAWAY: LEE'S HOUSE, BRAUNSTONE
I do like a good portion of salt and chilli chips and a Chinese takeaway on the way to Kirby Muxloe did the trick. Great prices, food and service meant that this topped my ratings league for all my Chinese takeaways visited. 


BEST FOOD: PUNJAB UNITED
This club was well known for their food before my visit. They didn't disappoint and I spent a tenner at the tea bar having Chicken Kebab, Curry Roll, Samosas and Chips. All were excellent.

MOST READ BLOG: BASILDON TOWN
411 views for this blog, small fry compared to some blogs but the club retweeting it helped. Or maybe it was people as desperate to read something as I was to get to a game. It was my first match for four and a half months due to restrictions. 

A much shorter version of the awards compared to last season, I hope that we can be back to normal by the start of the new season.








No comments:

Post a Comment