Saturday, 12 September 2026

TSV Sasel - Alfred Mager Stadion


TSV Sasel
Alfred-Mager-Stadion 
Sportverein
Saseler Parkweg 14
22393 Hamburg
Germany






Ground Number: 1584
Saturday 12th September 2026
TSV Sasel II 7-1 SC Eilbek
Bezirksliga Hamburg 2






TSV SASEL - A BRIEF HISTORY

The club was established in 1925, and although football is their main sport, they also offer badminton, ballet, basketball, handball, judo, karate, tennis, table tennis, gymnastics and volleyball as other sports. The highest they have played at is the third-tier Landesliga Hamburg from 1963 until 1966. However, they have mainly played in the lower divisions, with the 4th tier Oberliga Nord last reached in 2003. Although they finished 12th out of 18 teams, a restructuring meant that they had to drop back down to the fifth tier Oberliga Hamburg. They were relegated to the sixth tier Landesliga Hammonia in 2012 and were promoted back to the Oberliga Hamburg as champions in 2016. They won the division in 2023 but did not apply for promotion and therefore did not take part in the end-of-season playoffs.


Their reserves play in the Bezirksliga Hamburg 2, the 7th tier of German football. Sasel is located in the northeast of Hamburg and has a population of just under 25,000. Exuding a unique charm, Sasel is a vibrant neighbourhood in Hamburg, Germany. It is a place where tradition meets modernity, offering a mix of historical architecture and contemporary amenities. The area is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes, making it a popular destination for both locals and tourists. The neighbourhood also boasts several parks and green spaces, providing residents with plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation. Despite its bustling atmosphere, Sasel maintains a sense of community and tranquillity, making it a desirable place to live and visit.


MY VISIT 

From my game at Barmbek, I got chatting to a Hamburg fab on the way home who was just starting out in Groundhopping. It made the first leg of the journey fly and after I had a bit of a walk to change onto the S7, I had a long wait for my train as it was delayed by 21 minutes and was pretty busy as a result. I was back just before 11. Sticking with soft drinks, I spent 90 minutes getting my blog up before getting into bed.i awoke at 7 and had a shower. I had an upset stomach and thinking it could be the water I drank from the bathroom, I went across to Aldi and got a couple of bottles as well as some breakfast. I couldn't think what else it could be, as I'd not eaten much yesterday. After getting my things together again, I left at 9 and walked to the S-Bahn station. It was 20 minutes on the train, then another 30 on the U-Bahn before a bus dropped me off at the ground at 10.40. 

Entry was free (I thought)  and so I purchased an energy drink for €2. Or so I thought, as they came round mid-game asking for €5, which was fair enough. There was some kids' football winding down, so I was glad to see the two teams on the pitch warming up. The two sides were both in the lower reaches of the table with four points from four games. Sasel took the lead on 13 minutes, a composed finish from Finn Johansson. The hosts continued to dominate; they had the ball in the net on 42 minutes, chasing down a keeper kick, but it was ruled out. The one-way traffic continued in the second half with a Julian Peterson brace in five minutes. First on 46 minutes, he finished a square ball that was put in from the left, then on 52 minutes he squeezed in a shot at the near post. Dennis Dobler made it 4-0 on the hour, following up a parried shot. It was 5-0 on 65 minutes, a good through ball found  Julian Peterson, who clinched his hat trick with a calm finish. It was 6-0 on 67 minutes, a lob from Bjorn Prager. Eilbek finally got a goal on 74 minutes though Rabil Hamida. An own goal made it 7-1 in the 80th minute. 

THE GROUND 

THE ALFRED MAGER STADION is fairly standard for the level. One uncovered side of extensive terracing, with the rest of the ground unavailable. There is plenty of parking and a regular bus runs nearby. There was also well-priced food and drink available, and presumably a bar, but I didn't visit it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.