Saturday, 17 December 2011

Dover Athletic - The Crabble

Dover Athletic FC

Crabble Athletic Ground
Lewisham Road
Dover
CT17 0JB

01304 822373



Matchday Number: 35
Saturday 13th Febraury 1999
Dover Athletic 2-2 Hednesford Town
Nationwide Conference



I was visiting relatives who were Dover Athletic fans, and so it was a good opportunity to visit their local team. At the time Dover were in the Conference, and on this occasion Hednesford Town were the visitors. Both sides were in mid table at the time, Dover slightly higher so they must have been disappointed with the 2-2 result that the game ended in. I don't remember much about the game, but I do remember it was fairly entertaining and I had a good day out.

THE CRABBLE is a smart and modern ground, situated at the top of a huge hill. The ground is all covered and a mixture of seats and terracing. I am not sure what there is around the ground as it was so long ago but I remember there was a bar and a decent club shop at the ground.  













No comments:

Post a Comment