Tuesday 30 April 2024

Oracle Components - Allenburys Sports Club


Oracle Components FC
Allenburys Sports Club
Harris's Lane
Ware 
Hertfordshire
SG12 0DJ








Ground Number: 1303
Tuesday 30th April 2024
Oracle Components 1-2 Belstone
Herts Senior County Premier







ORACLE COMPONENTS FC - A BRIEF HISTORY

The club was established around 2007 and appears to be part of a Harlow-based firm of the same name. They are based around nine miles away at the Allenburys Sports & Social Club in Ware. Despite the club badge denoting a 2009 formation, they won the Hertford & District League Division 2 that year. That came the season after they finished 4th in Division 3 which was considered good enough for promotion. They remained in Division 1 for a while, although results from these few seasons are incomplete as far as I can see. By 2012 they were in the Premier Divison and by 2015 Oracle Components were league champions and then runners-up to Broxbourne Badgers in 2016. After another runners-up spot to Waltham Abbey A in 2019, the club joined the Herts Senior County League. Starting in Division 1, the first two seasons were scrapped due to the pandemic. In 2022, they finished as runners-up to Hertford Heath and have been in the Premier Division ever since. Cup honours include the Essex County Cup in 2017.


MY VISIT

This game was decided well in advance as I was trying to visit all of the grounds in the Hertfordshire League. It was fairly local to me and some great clubs were in there. I was left with four to do - Baldock Town Reserves (though these were likely to be relegated), Lemsford (nomadic in terms of the grounds they use and in the relegation zone) and Bush Hill Rangers (a 3G pitch which I'd save for bad weather). However, it was an outpost, the most distant ground from me aside from Buntingford that would be my destination this Tuesday. Oracle Components were a team I had yet to see. They had supposed to have been the opposition for my visit to Hinton, however, rain scuppered that and I ended up visiting later. In case of any issues, I had backups in place - one being Lemsford, the other being Division 1 promotion hopefuls Westmill.
It had been a decent Saturday for me. I had gone to Wycombe Wanderers v Charlton Athletic. Due to the early kickoff, plans were altered and instead of a pub and takeaway, it was cans and a visit to an excellent local bakery pre-match. Wycombe won 1-0 in a decent performance and it was a happy end to the season. After, I went for a couple of pints at my usual pub before picking up some shopping and walking home. A couple of drinks and dinner later and I was in bed by 9, ready for my 6 am alarm for work. It was a busy nine-hour day but I got through in the end. I confirmed my choices for the week on Sunday evening with fellow hopper Colin, who was happy to come to both. Instead of my usual walk down Wycombe on Tuesday, I went to see my brother and his new baby in Birmingham along with my Mum, it was nice to catch up with family. There was even time to play a bit of time to play my CM9798 game with Berwick Rangers. Two consecutive promotions and two successive runners-up spots behind Albion Rovers who are proving to be my nemesis.
I left at 4.15, having decided to leave it as late as sensibly possible. I went to Tesco, firstly to fill up with fuel, then to pop into the store to get some chicken and crisps for tonight's game. I was with Colin by 4.45 and we got on our way. It was a terrible journey, taking 1 hour 40 to do 32 miles, There were problems on the A12 and so we were sent a slow back route with all the stopping and starting doing my fuel economy no good at all. We made what we thought was the ground with five minutes to spare but this was only the social club with the pitches a couple of minutes drive away. A friendly bloke directed us to where we needed to go. It was a faff with the security barrier taking ages to rise. All in all, not the best start to the game. Fellow hopper Richard was also in attendance and let us know we only missed two minutes. We were three of 34 in attendance in what was a well-kept venue.
Hosts Oracle Components were in 8th place and winless in three games. On Saturday, they had drawn 2-2 against Lemsford. Belstone were top of the league and were unbeaten in seven. On Saturday, they had drawn 0-0 against Chipperfield Corinthians. The game started with Belstone on top and they took the lead on 17 minutes, a good shot that went in off the post. On 19 minutes, it was all square, a shot bundled home on the break. Belstone retook the lead on 47 minutes, a square ball and a shot on the turn from just inside the area. Belstone deserved their win and this gave them the league title. There were jubilant celebrations following the full-time whistle and it was nice to get some pictures. It meant we left slightly later but it was a good journey home. I dropped Colin off at 9.20 and was home 20 minutes later.
THE GROUND

ALLENBURYS SPORTS & SOCIAL CLUB is a mixed bag of a ground. The place is kept very smart, although it's near a busy road which spoils the ambience. It's also a pain to get into, through a security barrier but at least parking is plentiful. The main social club, a fair walk from the sports pitches is very pleasant and smart. There are many footpaths around the sports pitches, so a leisurely stroll to the ground from somewhere else is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment