Tuesday 28 March 2023

FK Kosmos - Stadion FK The Dragons


FK Kosmos
Stadion FK The Dragons
Trnavská cesta 33
821 08 Bratislava
Slovakia






Ground Number: 1165
Sunday 26th March 2023
FK Kosmos 1-2 SK Igram
Seniori 6A Liga








FK KOSMOS - PRINCIPLES

We live and operate mainly from member contributions, merch sales and other club and community activities. Kozmos is owned directly by its fans. Anyone who undertakes to respect its statutes and manifesto and pays an annual membership fee can become a co-owner of Kozmos.

FK Kozmos does not mean "football club", but "football community". Its creation was as important to us as football itself. This is also why Kozmos openly opposes fascism, racism and homophobia, and supports the values ​​of feminism and equality, which means that we sometimes enjoy quite a lot of "out-of-the-bubble" experiences at some outdoor matches.

Despite this, we profess the principles of decency and insist that football can also be played in Slovakia without profanity, corruption, riots and hatred.

(Taken from the 'About Us' section from their website)

MY VISIT

This game was chosen due to its proximity to my other two games. A guy who ran the Slovakian Football Twitter account had secured me tickets for the main game in Slovakia v Bosnia Herzegovina and I'd also sorted the morning game. The middle one was trickier though with the games listed on Futbology too far away by public transport. As it turned out, I could have shared an Uber with another hopper to another one, or possibly two games. However, the information was relayed by a third party and didn't explain fully what was on offer. With me having spoken to someone at Kosmos, I decided to stick with their game.


 
From my game at Slovan, I made my way back to town. The plan was to try some Slovakian ciders, but most were closed. I made my way to one place - Vycap u Ernőho to find them not open until 2. The other place that was supposed to do cider - Café Scherz no longer did and so I went in search of food instead. The Slovak Pub had been recommended to me by the hotel owner and so I made my way there. I had some Slovakian sausages and French fries as well as a Sprite with me not being a beer drinker. It was all very nice and just over 10 Euros. It was then a quick stop at a shop for a drink and then back on the tram to where I'd been earlier, more or less.
The ground was very tricky to get to. Google Maps assumed I could walk through buildings and it was frustrating being able to hear the fans but not see the pitch. I noticed several others wandering about looking lost. I referred to the Kosmos Facebook page and using Google translate, I found out that you had to go through a gate at the Pasienky Stadium. I passed the Arreal NMSK ground on the way in. Igram took the lead just as I arrived and then took a 2-0 lead, rifling a shot into the roof of the net. Just before half-time, Kosmos pulled a goal back when a low shot from just inside the area found the bottom right-hand corner. They also hit the bar soon after. Their chances were reduced when their #13 was sent off on a second yellow for a reckless tackle. The hosts sent their keeper up at the end but were unable to find the equaliser.
I'd been disappointed that I'd not gone elsewhere when I was having trouble finding the stadium. But once I was there, I was made to feel very welcome. I bought a scarf for 15 Euros and donated a few quid for an entrance fee. The fans reminded me of the Clapton CFC ones back home, noisy and colourful. They had a great repertoire of reworking famous songs to include the club's name in them. Overall, I was glad I'd come and headed off back into town in a good mood.


THE GROUND

STADION FK THE DRAGONS is on the face of it, a very basic 3G cage built for players. However, it has the extra feature of an uncovered stand, albeit outside of the cage. This could seat around 150. Aside from that, it's flat standing. They have a decent range of souvenirs and other bits for sale.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment