Friday, 28 October 2011

Salisbury City - The Raymond McEnhill Stadium

Salisbury City FC
The Raymond McEnhill Stadium
Partridge Way
Old Sarum
Salisbury
Wiltshire
SP4 6PU

01722 776655





Matchday Number: 148
Saturday 5th September 2009
Salisbury City 1-1 Luton Town
Blue Square Premier






The week before this game, Salisbury City had gone into administration, obviously due to financial issues. I decided to do what I could do to help, and as Wycombe were playing away at Brighton, I decided to make the journey down to Wiltshire. I had been to the Withdean Stadium before, it was a dreadful ground and so this made the decision easy.

I left home about 10.30, so as to allow time to visit various grounds along the way, arriving at Salisbury just before 2. I went into their clubshop to try and buy a pennant, but they were sold out. So I settled for a pint in their bar, as well as Sausage and Chips. And a programme, which sadly I chucked out. In a decent game, Kevin Gallen opened the scoring for Luton, before Matt Tubbs equalised for Salisbury. After an easy journey home, I was back around 6.45PM, having enjoyed my day out.

THE RAYMOND MCENHILL STADIUM is a smart but compact ground that opened in 1997. 3 sides are covered, 1 seating along the side, a terrace behind the goal and part terrace, part seating along the side. Away fans are given the other end, which is uncovered terracing. They also get a section of seats in one of the stands.



























No comments:

Post a Comment