Saturday, 3 September 2011

Bishops Stortford - Woodside Park

 
 
Bishops Stortford FC
Woodside Park
Dunmow Road
Bishops Stortford
Herts
CM23 5RG

01279 306456
Official Website


 




Matchday Number: 173
Saturday 3rd September 2011
Bishops Stortford 0-1 Boston United
Blue Square North



As part of Non League Day, Bishops Stortford were kicking off at 12.30 PM, giving those who wanted to to do 2 or even 3 games in one day. As well as the various 3PM kick offs, there was also a 3.30PM at Chelmsford and an evening kick off at 7PM for Braintree v Lincoln. As I'd always fancied going to Woodside Park for a game, having been fairly impressed when I went to the ground to take photos on the way to Norwich v Wycombe in 2009. So this was an ideal oppertunity to do so.

To male it even more worthwhile I combined it with a trip to Bovingdon Market and Hemel Hempstead, not that I bought much. I eventually got to the ground at around 12.10, the M25, shockingly, not playing up today. After paying my £12 to get in (plus £1 to park) I went and had a look in the club shop. Shockingly small pennants were £6 and all the other stuff seemed expensive too, so I wasn't buying

Interstingly, the tie saw ex Premier League footballers Jason "Pineapple on his head" Lee and ex Spurs Ian Walker face each other in management for the first time. The game itself was mediocre, Boston probably shading it. In the end they got a winner deep into injury time, Bishops Stortford having a man sent off by then. Boston fans were brilliant to be fair, Bishops Stortford fans didn't sing once, and seemed more intent on calling their players lazy and rubbish. The ground itself is smart and modern, but I'd not be in any hurry to go back, even though everyone I met was friendly.













No comments:

Post a Comment