Saturday 1 June 2024

Heleneholms SK - Heleneholms B-Plan


Heleneholms SK
Heleneholms B-Plan
Ystadvägen 23A
214 45 Malmö
Sweden







Ground Number: 1314
Saturday 1st June 2024
Heleneholms SK 0-3 FC Bellevue
Division 4 Skane Sydvastra







HELENEHOLMS SK - A BRIEF HISTORY

With the club being in the lower reaches of Swedish football, information is scarce on the history of the club.They appear to be a merger of three former clubs. The first merger was between Malmö SK and Alhmögsvingar,  named Malmö SK/AV. When Augustenborgs IF were merged into the club, they were renamed Heleneholms SK and have an official formation date of 1989 for the present constitution. They play at the Heleneholms B-Plan, effectively a pitch at the back of the better known IFK Malmo's ground. The club's home colours are purple and they value community values and inclusion over results on the field. The team plays in the sixth tier of Swedish football, namely the Division 4 Skane Sydvastra and are members of the  Skånes Fotbollförbund association. The club is based in Heleneholm,  a neighbourhood of Malmö, situated in the Borough of Fosie, Malmö Municipality, Skåne County. It has a population of 1,800 and one of the most famous landmarks is the power station, which is also a backdrop to the ground.


MY VISIT

After me choosing to visit Copenhagen for the Friday leg of my trip, the obvious place to visit was Malmo. This was a short hop across the bridge to Sweden, therefore accomplishing my aim of visiting another country on this trip. The main attraction was to visit the Malmo Stadium where England played some games during Euro 92, but more on that later. The opportunity to visit two grounds within walking distance was too good to turn down although research for the club was a bit trickier. A decent deal was secured for my hotel with Malmo being a lot cheaper than Copenhagen. A couple of hoppers, especially Per-Gunnar Nielson were very helpful. He recommended this double and another hopper whose name I forget informed me that you aren't allowed bags into Swedish events. I, therefore, contacted my hotel to arrange to leave all my luggage in their room as I wanted to avoid lugging a bag around all day in any case.
I'd had a boozy night the night before and Copenhagen had been surprisingly excellent for cider.It had all been a bit rushed though and so I wanted to come back and have a more relaxed time. Plus, eat some proper food rather than over priced McDonalds. I had a good nights sleep, waking at 7 am. As the fridge in my room was noisy, I whacked off the electricity overnight and so the morning was a good opportunity to charge everything up, get ready and type my blog from yesterday. I had time to kill and was out of the room by 9.30. Back in England, I saw that the Middlesex League was a farce as usual with teams failing to fulfil fixtures left right and centre. I was glad to be out of the place, especially now football was forbidden by the FA for the most part for the whole of June, the weird creeps.
From my hotel, it was a short walk to the station. I just missed the half hourly service to Malmo so went for a look in the local supermarket. The choice was overwhelming but with time tight, I didn't buy anything after I saw the checkout queues. Copenhagen had been excellent, though I was slightly bewildered by the endless pictures of politicians on billboards everywhere which nearly outnumbered the numerous cyclists who had excellent infrastructure unlike the pathetic facilities in the UK. The train cost just under £13, reasonable value for the 40 minute journey. It was like a cattle truck though, packed out as it called at the airport. I also twigged that this was the transport I should have taken yesterday which would have made things easier.
I was in Malmo just before 11. For some reason, roaming on the Tele2 network provided no data so I used the train station WiFi to get me to my room. Moment Hotel was a decent and clean room for £52 a night, plus they let me check in early for free. It was nice knowing everything was safe and that I had no luggage. There was little difference between walking and public transport times so I took the 50 minute stroll to the game. I stopped at Lidl on the way for food including a nice sausage pastry. From there it was to the ground where I paid 50SEK for entry.
Heleneholms SK were one off the bottom of the table, sitting in 11th place. They had drawn three on the trot, the latest a a goalless draw at Kulladulls FF. Thir sole win had come against Akarps FF who they beat 2-1. FC Bellevue were a couple of places higher in 9th and unbeaten in two games. Last Friday they beat Villinge FF 2-1. Heleneholms were well on top, they hit the bar and forced a good save out of the keeper in the first five minutes. The excellent Min Fotboll app kept me up to date with the lineups. Belle Vue got back into the game and took the lead on 57 minutes, a cross from the right found Besnik Rustermaj who drove a shot into the roof of the net. The second was similar, a cross from the other side and a finish at the back post, this time from KRM Lemos on 67 minutes. There was nearly a third soon after but somehow, the ball didn't cross the line. The hosts had a similar situation down the other end and were unlucky overall. The game was well and truly decided in the last minute, a good run and shot for Rustermaj's second goal of the game, 3-0 to Belle Vue.
THE GROUND

HELENEHOLMS IP B-PLAN is a basic but pleasant venue. It's a grass pitch in a cage and only one side is an official viewing area with a rail. Entry is 50SEK (£3.72)and a barbecue with burgers is available. There was no merchandise and it's around 50 minutes walk from the centre of Malmo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment