Thursday, 2 February 2012

Abingdon United - Northcourt Road

Abingdon United FC
Northcourt Road
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
OX14 1PL

01235 203203
Official Website
 

Matchday Number: 124
Tuesday 3rd April 2007
Abingdon United 1-1 Chesham United
Southern League, Division 1 South and West

As a few ex Wycombe players were playing for Chesham in this game, I decided to make my way over to Abingdon United for this Tuesday night fixture. I went with my mate Paul, and on the way we visited a few grounds, such as AFC Wallingford, Milton United and Abingdon Town. We were lucky that it had started to get dark quite late to allow the photos to be taken, and also it wasn't too cold. I remember it being a decent game and the final score, but not much else. Former Wanderer Andy Reilly had a good game, I remember that much.

NORTHCOURT ROAD is a fairly basic non league ground, but more than good enough for the Southern League. Most of the ground is open, apart from 2 small areas down either side of the pitch. One is one of those metal 'arena' stands that are very common in non league. Opposite is an older area of covered standing. There is also a bar at the ground, but I can't remember much else about what is in the local area.






1 comment: